5 Ways to Help Increase Your Energy
More and more people are reporting a loss of energy. This can lead to lower productivity at work and an overall reduction in the quality of life. However, there are a number of ways you can easily increase your energy. In this article, we will cover five critical ways you can increase your energy that will elevate your mood and allow you to get more done.
1) Get Enough Sleep
The average person needs between 7 and 8 hours of sleep per day. If you do not get enough sleep, then you will feel fatigued and less energetic the next day. If you get too much sleep, you will find yourself unable to have the “morning energy” you need to be productive. Here are some tips on how you can regulate your sleep.
- Have a Regular Sleep Schedule – Your body is run by an internal body clock. If you are able to go to sleep at the same time every day, it will be much easier for your body to fall asleep.
- Relax Before Bedtime – You should have a regular ritual that allows you to “wind down” before you go to sleep. This can include listening to relaxing music or meditating.
- Sleep on a Comfortable Mattress and Pillow– Many people experience discomfort while they sleep. This may be due to an uncomfortable mattress or pillow. Find a mattress and pillow that is more comfortable for your sleeping style.
- Avoid Heavy Meals In The Evening – Eating heavy foods for dinner can cause indigestion and other discomforts that will make it hard to get to sleep. Have a sensible dinner 2-4 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid Bright Lights In the Evening – Your body operates on a Circadian Rhythm that operates on the pattern of sunlight and darkness. Bright lights after sunset can disrupt that rhythm. Therefore, use dim lights at night to ensure a better night’s sleep.
2) Stay Active
One of the best ways to elevate your energy lives is to be more active on a day to day basis. here are some ways you can ensure that your body gets enough physical activity.
- Engage in a Regular Exercise Program – Exercise at least 30 minutes a week in order to raise your energy level. This can include as little as two 15 minute exercise sessions per week.
- Walk Every Day – Going for regular walks has been linked to better overall health. Go for a 15-minute walk every day to increase your energy level.
- Get a Physical Hobby – Taking up a hobby such as gardening, woodworking or painting can allow you to become more active.
3) Limit Your Caffeine
Caffeine has been known as an energy booster. However, this energy boost leads to a loss of energy after the caffeine leaves your system. Therefore, you will want to avoid the “yo-yo” manipulation of your energy levels by limiting your intake of caffeine. Here are some ways you can avoid too much intake of caffeine.
- Opt for Caffeine Free Drinks – Enjoy decaffeinated coffee or tea on a daily basis to avoid too much intake of caffeine.
- Avoid Foods High in Caffeine – Most people don’t realize that caffeine can be found in foods. Therefore avoid foods high in caffeine such as chocolate, ice cream, pudding, and certain breakfast cereals.
4) Avoid Processed Food
Processed food can cause great problems to your body that can include weight gain and changes in mood. Also, processed food can lower your energy because of all the chemicals added to the natural ingredients. Therefore, you will want to eat real whole foods. Here are some ways you can avoid processed food.
- Avoid Frozen Meals – Frozen meals are packed with extra ingredients that allow the food to be preserved for long periods of time.
- Read the Ingredient Label – Before you buy your food, carefully check the ingredient label. If the food contains more than five ingredients, then chances are the food is heavily processed.
- Avoid White Bread – White bread is one of the most heavily processed food. Instead, opt for whole-grain bread that has been minimally processed.
5) Lower Your Stress Level
Today, people feel more stressed-out than ever. Stress can lead to lower overall energy levels and poor overall health. Here are some steps you can take to lower your overall stress level.
- Breath Properly – Most people, when stressed, forget to breathe properly. Therefore, you will want to practice proper breathing. You can do this by breathing slowly through your nose until your belly is filled with air. Then breathe out slowly through your nose.
- Use Aromatics – Pleasant smells can go a long way to lower your stress. One of the best aromas is lavender. Use a lavender-scented candle or essential oil to help lower your stress.
- Manage Your Time – People who are stressed are constantly in a rush. Therefore, it is a good idea to manage your time by keeping a schedule of what you need to get done. Also, avoid trying to do too much at one time.
Follow as many of these steps to raise your energy levels. Start with one change in lifestyle such as eating better and then add more changes to your life. By simply eating right, lower your stress and getting enough sleep, you can have all the energy you need to get more done during your day.
If you’re still having difficulties with your energy levels, feel free to contact us for a free consultation.