Laser Genesis or Chemical Peels. Which One is Right for Your Skin?
You can look years younger when the amazing benefits of both Laser Genesis and chemical peels. If you have heard of these two proven skin treatment procedures, then you may probably wonder which one is best for you. Here is a look at what both Laser Genesis and chemical peels can offer.
What Are They?
Laser Genesis is a non-invasive procedure that is used to help stimulate collagen production in your skin. Collagen is a critical protein involved in the health of your skin. As you get older, your body produces less collagen, which can lead to wrinkles and an aged appearance. With laser treatment, the increased collagen production will help improve the texture of your skin to make you look years younger.
Chemical peels involve the introduction of a chemical solution to the skin to remove the top layers. These peels are usually used to treat various skin conditions from acne to discolouration, scarring and wrinkles. The skin that grows back is both smoother and younger-looking.
Laser Genesis vs Chemical Peel Laser: How Do They Compare?
While both Laser Genesis and chemical peels are effective in giving you smoother and younger-looking skin, you will want to know how each procedure compares with each other. First, laser therapy can target specific areas of concern you have about your skin. Particularly if you have issues with redness in your skin. With a chemical peel, you are targeting a wider array area of concerns. Lasers therapy typically requires fewer treatments than chemical therapy. When it comes to cost, chemical therapy is usually less expensive than laser treatments.
Here is an overview of the pros and the cons of Laser Genesis vs Chemical Peel Laser:
Laser Treatment Pros
- Faster – Laser treatment can only last about 30 minutes. You can do it during your lunchtime.
- More targeted – A laser can pinpoint a specific concern you have effectively.
- Fewer treatments– You can see results in fewer number of treatments than a chemical peel.
Laser Treatment Cons
- More expensive – Laser treatments can be more expensive than chemical peels.
Chemical Peel Pros
- Better for broader skin treatment – You can target several areas of concern of your skin.
- Can treat light scarring, acne, and wrinkles, spots and discoloration – Chemical treatment is effective for common skin conditions.
- Less expensive – Chemical peels can be less expensive than laser treatments.
Chemical Therapy Cons
- May require more sessions – Depending on the condition, you may have to have more sessions than laser treatment.
- May have more days of post-procedure redness – Due to the nature of the treatment. Also, you may experience redness on the skin for several days.
Genesis or Chemical Peel Laser: When to Do One Versus the Other
If you are looking to target a specific area of your skin, then you will want to opt for the Laser Genesis treatment. Laser Genesis can treat acne & injury scars, redness, broken blood vessels, large pores, Rosacea and help with fine lines & wrinkles. If you have a wide array of concerns, then you will want to opt for chemical peels. It is a good idea to consult your Provider about your exact conditions and goals. In some cases, the Provider will recommend a combination of both procedures to help you get the best results.
Genesis or Chemical Peel Laser: When to Do Both
You should consider doing both Genesis with chemical peel if you are trying to address several skin issues. For instance, if you are looking to have young-looking skin and deal with discolouration, then you will want to opt for a Genesis with chemical peel treatment. A Provider will be able to recommend the right combination of therapies to help give you the best results.
Get Younger and Healthier Looking Skin Today
Picture yourself looking years young with the face that you’d never thought you’d see again. Imagine how great you will feel when people tell you that look so young for your age. Discover the amazing benefits that laser and chemical skin treatments can do for you. Talk to us today about your skincare goals. Our skincare team is ready to make you look younger and healthier than ever. Don’t spend another day with skin that you don’t love. Contact us today for a whole new you.